Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin!

Most of you are aware that my husband loves politics! I think I can officially say that he lives, breathes, and eats politics. Johnny by nature is a pretty dedicated individual. He is the kind of man that works really hard and puts his heart and soul into everything that he does. Sometimes I refer to him as my little perfectionist.

John has been spending a lot of time working on the Sandy Treadwell campaign and he is doing a great job of working really hard to make it a success. So while he has been doing that Noah and I have been up to a few things of our own. Let me fill you in... (and say thanks to all of the people that made life a little easier while John has been working)

1. John's brother Mike and his wife Andree have been keeping us company. Thanks Andree for letting me borrow your husband for a few things. Mike relieves me of doggy duty. You all know how much fun Finn can be and I totally love it when Mike takes Finn and Toby for the entire day on Friday. All I can say is what a relief!

2. Have I ever told you about my Bible study girls? Well if I haven't let me just tell you that I love them. We meet every Wednesday night and it is something I totally look forward to. One of the things that I love is the atmosphere in the house. It is the kind of house that is warm and smells yummy. I have a favorite spot on the couch and Noah I settle into an evening of funness(I know that isn't word but it describes our Wednesday nights perfectly). We laugh and talk and eat and laugh and talk some more. It is exactly what I need mid week. Noah loves it too because there are three ladies waiting to give him lots of love. Thanks girls for making our Wednesdays awesome.

3. Then there is the occasional drop in from Tom and Nancy aka dad and mom (and of course gramp). We usually catch up on our favorite game shows like Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy.

4. Of course this blog wouldn't be complete without mentioning my best girl Amy. She calls Noah and I everyday at 2:20 pm for the daily school update, and I love it. We usually talk for about 45 minutes discussing everything that I did during the day and everything that happened at school. Noah and I look forward to that phone call.

5. A week just wouldn't be a week without some sort of shopping taking place; even if it is something as simple as cute little pj's for Noah or for that matter cute little pj's for me.

6. Lunch dates - one of my favorite things. Sometimes Noah and I meet up with our pals Suki and Ruby.

In our household Noah and I have started the countdown until election day. We can't wait to resume life the way it used to be. Johnny you have been missed and we can't wait to have you at home. Tuesday can't come quick enough for us. So blog friends if you happen to stop by our house on Wednesday (I don't recommend that you do) there will be duct tape covering the front door. Nobodies gettin in and nobodies gettin out!

3 comments:

Michael's Loving Family said...

I love it!!!! hahahaha - Duck tape works every time!

John and Michelle said...

Yes it does!! :)

Anonymous said...

If you have any more tape left, I'll need it to keep the draft from the windows, Thank's...