Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wish List

I would lying if I said that I don't dream about Noah's future. I am a mom and I do dream for my child like most mothers do. However recent events in my life have led me to think about Noah's future differently. So here are a few things that I dream about for the new man in my life. Kinda personal, but it has been on my heart and I thought I would share it.

Number 1 and what I would consider to be the most important: I pray that he will have a relationship with God and his son Jesus. I think about my own upbringing and I wonder where my life would be without my relationship with Jesus. It's not about "religion"; it's more than that. It is about a relationship with Jesus and I pray that Noah is strong in his faith and desires to have a relationshop with Christ.

Number 2 on my wish list for Noah is that he has a strong desire to put his family first. I want him to realize the importance of family and value the relationships in his family. I am not only speaking of his relationship with me but rather his relationship with every member of his family as he grows.

Number 3 is one that I consider really important and that is to be kind. As a teacher this is one that I am constantly encouraging my students to do. Sometimes being kind is so difficult, even for myself but it is a necessity and one that I hope he embraces.

Number 4 for Noah would be that I hope he surrounds himself with good friends. I hope that he chooses loyal people, ones that he can count on when times are difficult.

For number 5 I would hope that Noah would take care of himself. What I mean by that is I hope he makes time to participate in his favorite hobby and relaxes when he needs to. Hey, even God rested on the seventh day. All work and no play makes Noah a not so fun person.

Number 6 is all about time. So much is said about time and I hope that Noah realizes that time is precious. Make the most of it is what they say. I have been learning that these past two months.

So I do dream for my son and these are just a few that I dream about. I guess what parent doesn't share these same dreams.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Think you hit the nail right on the head, What a beautiful way of saying that, so important, I know you will carry this on for your entire life.

John and Michelle said...

Thanks anonymous :)

Michael's Loving Family said...

If you were to ask most moms what they dream for their child, I'm not so sure you would get these answers.

Before Nathan was born I dreamed about him playing sports, going to college (Harvard of course), being married, his career, helping dad with projects, family vacations, and much more.

When Nathan was born these dreams were replaced with the ones you've mentioned in this post. I've learned a tough lesson about what's really important.

I pray all your dreams come true for Noah. His greatest inspiration will be his parents leading by example.

John and Michelle said...

Thanks Kandi! Let's just hope we can lead by example.