Friday, October 17, 2008

Splish, Splash or Not!

After spending the evening with a friend I decided the best way to relax before Noah and I head off to bed would be for me to have a nice hot bath. Hot it was, relaxing it was not. For the most part it was my fault. I know how my youngest dog is going to behave when I take a bath so why did I torture myself by letting him hang around while I was taking a bath? Maybe it is because I felt bad for him because he spent the entire evening in his cage while I strolled around Saratoga. I was so excited to take this bath. It was the first bath I have had in months. So I put Noah in his favorite seat in arms reach from the tub and sank down in the warm soapy water.

Well who do think joined the tub party? Of course it was Finnegan. Finn harassed me the entire 25 minutes that I was in the tub. He started off by licking my arm and then made his way to my knee and then topped it off with a big discusting lick on my back. I am sure this is way too much information to share, but I had to share it with someone. Of course I shouted at Finn to stop and beat it, but he wasn't listening. I think he enjoyed torturing me because some how he knew there wasn't much I could do about it.

I was much smarter for the "after the bath lotion time." Finn was locked in his cage and then released afterwards. Maybe I will get that hot relaxing bath in 20 days. That is when the election is over, and I get my husband back. Hmm, we shall see!

1 comment:

Michael's Loving Family said...

Love the new blog look and the piture of Noah!!! Nathan's nine months old - I've had 3 baths since he was born in our jet tub - without a dog bothering me. Good luck with that! You're not alone!