Monday, November 3, 2008

Two Weeks!

Today I did something that I haven't done in months - woke up to an alarm clock. I have to admit that I didn't love it, but I might as well get used to it because in two weeks I will be back to work. Just the sound of that makes me nervous. No more lounging around in sweats and t-shirts. It is back to black dress pants and khakis and those dreaded pointy shoes that I have a love hate relationship with.

As I drove to work this morning (yes that's right I went to school today to sit in on parent teacher conferences)I thought about the last few months at home with Noah and I can't believe how quickly time flies. I guess that will be the nature of the game from now on. People are constantly reminding me how quickly children grow up and that before you know it they have lives of their own. I think I have some time, but I couldn't help think that almost three months ago I was in the hospital giving birth to him and now I am getting ready to go back to work.

When I was getting ready this morning I thought about how organized I am going to need to be to make it to work on time. I questioned whether I would really be able to handle all of this. Between getting myself ready and getting Noah ready and of course dealing with the dogs I am going to need to have a plan in place so I make it to work on time. I know it is possible, but it scares me a little to say the least.

Then there is the whole leaving Noah for the day guilt. I know he will be fine, but of course I question whether I am making the right choice. I guess this is the first of many difficult choices I will have to make as a parent.

So for the next two weeks Noah and I have decided to make the most of our time together. We are going to go shopping at our favorite stores because I need some new school clothes. Of course we will have to have a lunch date with someone, and we will have to hit Target and Walmart just because we like to hang out there when there isn't much to do around the house. Napping together is definitely on the list of things we need to do together and going for walks. I am sure the two weeks will fly, but before I know it Thanksgiving will be here and John and I have much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy these next few weeks and just because you are going back to work doesn't mean you won't be able to do all these things still. It just means you can't do them Mon- Fri during the day. You still have your evenings and your weekends. But I agree time flies so treasure all your moments with your family.

John and Michelle said...

You are so right anonymous! Thanks for your perspective.