Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to Reality!

On Friday afternoon John and I set out on a little road trip with the newest member of our family. I was a little nervous about our adventure because I wasn't sure how the little man would do strapped in his car seat for four and a half hours. However I am pleased to report that the trip went very well shortly after we stopped at Walmart for duct tape. Just kidding! Noah was great on the way out to Niagara Falls and even better on the way back. We traveled to Niagara falls for two occasions-cousin's wedding and a baby shower for me.

My aunts gave me a great shower this past Sunday at a yummy Italian restaurant. We enjoyed delicious pizza bread, salad, and chicken parm which is one of my favorites. We topped it off with a cake which my aunt made. I felt really special this weekend. I guess you could say that I felt pampered.

This weekend was nice for various reasons.

1. No Finnegan-I love you buddy, but it was so nice to not be licked every waking minute.

2. Baby shower-The food was great and it was so nice to sit down with the girls in the family and just chat without having to wait on our husbands.

3. Noah-This was the first time that the family got to meet Noah and I loved introducing him to them. He received lots of hugs and kisses this past weekend.

4. Hot Tub-Need I say more?

5. Wedding-My cousin got married this past weekend. It was a beautiful day and it was so much fun to fellowship with family that I only get to see a few times a year.

6. Aunt Linda-If you have never met my Aunt Linda well then you are missing out. She is a great aunt and just makes me laugh. Actually all of my mom's sisters are pretty awesome. Seeing them makes me happy and sad. Happy because I love chatting with them and sad because I wish we lived closer.

7. Food-I always eat so much when I visit out there.

8. Four and a half hour drive-Normally I dread this part of the trip, but not this time. I had my husband all to myself and that made the four and a half hour drive totally worth it. No politics and no work. However he did manage to sneak in some phone calls and read a few emails on his phone. He did that until I threatened to cancel the phone plan. He laughed. It was better than the alternative which was throwing the phone out the car window as he was driving 75 mph.

So the Hickok's are back to reality this week. John is off trying to make a difference in the political world, Finn has licked me about 25 times since he has been home, Toby is staring out the window waiting for John to arrive home (I keep reminding her not to get her hopes up.), I am staring at the pile of luggage, gifts, and laundry wondering if they will take care of themselves and Noah, well the reality for him hasn't changed at all.

4 comments:

Michael's Loving Family said...

Glad to hear your trip went well and that Noah was cooperative! Welcome back to reality! And, there is only 21 days left! John is working to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of hardworking people - GO JOHN!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you had anice trip, this sound's to me something we use to do with our 2 small kids in a pickup truck, in fact to the same place, took us 5 to 6 hours speed limit was 55 then, gas was hard to get waited in long lines, the memories are nice, now are kids are grown, we get the back seat sometimes, all i can say enjoy them when there young, times fly's.......

John and Michelle said...

Yay, only 21 days left!!

I remember those days in the pickup truck. They were good times!!

Anonymous said...

The blog Looks Awesome...

Love the new picture.

John