Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Snug as Bug!

I went to the doctor's on Monday for my weekly visit. Not much has changed from last week. Baby Hickok is snug as bug in a rug as we wait patiently for him to make his arrival. John thinks he is stubborn like me. I never knew I was stubborn but maybe.

I am exicted and nervous about his arrival. I guess it is the whole you don't know what to expect kinda thing. Labor is a scary thought and I just hope that I don't act like a complete fool in front of the doctor and nurses. John's used to it, but they aren't.

I am totally into the nesting phase now. I have been cleaning constantly making sure that everything is in its place before the big day. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about what I could clean without disturbing John.

If you are wondering whether John went to Virginia the answer to that is no. His trip got cancelled at the last minute. John was thrilled when he saw the poll on the blog. I think it made him feel like it was okay if he did need to go, certain that our son would wait another day to make his appearance. If little Hickok decided to come on Monday and John was in Virginia I know he would have done anything to get home to be there. He is an awesome husband and will be a great dad.

So what is next on the agenda in the Hickok home? We are just waiting! Waiting for our little one to make his arrival and all of the fun that comes with being parents. I have heard a million times since announcing this pregnancy how life changing this experience will be. I am certain it will be, but I am excited about our future.

5 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Sounds like baby Hickok will have a nice clean house to come home to when he arrives! You are so right that a baby changes everything, but in the best way possible-- we never imagined how much we could love someone until we had Mairead. You guys are going to be so in love, and you are going to make great parents! As for labor, yes, it's a scary thought because it's such an unknown. BUT, women have babies every day, and the doctors and nurses have seen it all. You'll do great and it will be amazing!

Michael's Loving Family said...

I'm glad to hear things are going smooth and I understand your anticipation anxiety - maybe that's where the nesting comes from.

Everyone is right, life changes. The very minute you set eyes on your baby son is just the most awesome God given moment of your lives! It reminds me of getting married - remember the moment you looked into your husbands eyes as he waited for you at the alter? Seeing your child for the first time and hearing him cry is even more awesome!!!

We brought baby Hickok a very cool gift from vacation and we can't wait to give it to him!!!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks for the encouraging words girls. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Your blog entries are so funny. Enjoy this time. I know you're full of anticipation! I was too. Treat yourself to some spa treatments this week... and keep drinking the fluids and getting some sleep (even if it is on your back). Old wives tails to make the baby come faster: Walk, sex, scrub the floors, spicey food... I do think the 1st 2 help! But you can certainly skip the cleaning of the floors! That was total waste. By for now.. Alli

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Some of them do like to be snug as a bug in there. Maybe that is a good sign, he'll be a content baby. On the other hand he may not want to come out for that due date! Either way you'll do great, the key is to focus on the "breathing" during the contractions. Make sure John can massage your back and do whatever else you need him to! The nurses are usually wonderful. Where are you delivering? I can't wait to see him. I must say it's amazing to lay eyes on them for the first time as they hand him over for you to hold. You just think "wow we did it!" I'm So excited for you guys.
I thought of a name that you may have chosen...I'll wait to see if I'm right. Good luck with everything, I keep thinking about you as the due date is coming!-Rose