Friday, August 15, 2008

Horses, Ropes and a Pole?

After going to the doctor's office yesterday and hearing the news that I really haven't progressed that much in the labor process I decided to do some research on my own. So this morning I woke with the intense desire to surf the Internet for home remedies that would induce labor. If you have a horse you can help me out. This is what I have found.

*The Native Americans would tie overdue moms to be to a rock and then form a circle around her and charge at her with horses yelling, "Attack!" I think that could possibly scare Baby Hickok out or scare the poop out of me.

*The Pilgrims would tie the moms to be to a pole and then shake the pole up and down hoping the baby would fall out. Any takers?

*Some say try doing what you did to get the baby in there in the first place. The prescription for that is 3 times within a 24 hour period. Who has time for that? The Olympics are on!

Last night I went to the grocery store and bought a turkey. Tonight John and I are going to have a little turkey feast. We will be dining on turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, apple sauce for me, and of course gravy. According to my good friend Amy eating turkey worked for her so hey why not give it a try? I like turkey.

I will let you know how it goes. If the turkey fails please arrive at my house on Saturday afternoon with your horses and ropes. It should be a good time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turkey dinner is the way to go...
worked 4 times. Amy

John and Michelle said...

Well I made it and we ate it. I am waiting hoping something will happen this weekend.

Anonymous said...

If the turkey dinner doesn't do it then maybe the full moon tonight will. That always seems to have a connection to going into labor during the night for me. Good luck...COME ON BABY HICKICK, EVERYONE IS WAITING!!! Rose

Anonymous said...

If the turkey doesn't work, my mom swears that drinking some castor oil worked for her. Personally, I think that sounds disgusting!
Good luck- we can't wait to hear the good news.
Dawn

John and Michelle said...

Still waiting! I thought the moon would help too but nothing. I have heard about the castor oil and have been seriously thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, about using castrol oil they say that works, ask Sheryl Belmont she did it and said, it works. Susan pinched at the cuticle of her baby toe and it worked she went early so see what this will do for you. Let me know when you go in labor. Love, Aunt Linda

sst.cyr said...

Hi there! Sounds like he just wants to keep you waiting a little longer. The first of many trials to come in the "patience" category. My mom made me walk around Goat Island the day Madison was born. I had one constent contraction. I had her the next day. With Logan I was reading an article on taking your fingernail to your cuticle of your baby toe (outside corner). You press it a couple of times- it is sharp if you get it right. Then went into labor in about an hour from then. I guess I will have to find that article for you and let you read it. When you get the itch to start doing something like clean the baby's room or something else (spurt of energy) you will know that it is coming!

Anonymous said...

Well Michelle,If you had a horse we could try that one,

Anonymous said...

I have been bit by a horse, kicked by one which by the way knock me out, as far as i know never heard of one being involve in some one having a baby, but i guess it could happen, what ever the case the baby will come when he is ready.

Tom Sicko said...

Turkey is good for whatever the reason, but i like it the best on thanksgiving,which by the way the little baby will be a few month's old then.

Tom Sicko said...

How about trying the radio game what you have to do is to listen to the morse code for about 1 hour and it will be so boring for you. probably have the baby sooner than the dit's and dash..
.-.. --- ...- . -.. .- -..
L O V E D A D