Monday, August 18, 2008

Tuesday's the Day!

Today is my last day as a non-parent. Tuesday I will be heading to Bellevue for our scheduled induction. So what does this mean for Johnny and I? I have a nice list.

1. We will have a cute little baby to care for.

2. We will not get much sleep for about 18 years. (That's a really long time).

3. We will have lots of bottles to wash.

4. Johnny will have some diapers to change. (Notice I said Johnny).

5. I will have a shopping buddy when I go to the Gap.

6. We will have quite the posse when we go for a walk with two dogs and one stroller.

7. I probably won't be able to sleep in on Saturday mornings.

8. I will have an excuse to buy kid cereal.

9. Maybe I will finally be able to convince John to buy Nintendo Wii.

10. We will finally have the opportunity to be parents.

I have created another voting poll. How long will it take to convince Baby Hickok to make his entrance? In other words, how long will it take for the induction to work?

Please keep us in your prayers. We will keep you posted.

6 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

How exciting that you are going to finally meet your little boy! We are sending good thoughts and prayers for a quick and smooth delivery. It is going to be amazing-- take lots of pictures!

Michael's Loving Family said...

I just get all teary eyed just thinking about the moment you get to meet your son!!! It's so amazing! God Bless! See you soon. BTW - I just went through 2 inductions (yep, first one didn't work!). I think we'll receive the call at some point tomorrow evening! We love you guys!

bob and deb said...

congratulations!!! we welcome your bouncing baby boy!!
we know you will be great parents and can't wait to meet the big guy.
hope you are healing well michelle and get your rest now!!
and hope to see you all soon
love,
your favorite cousins in michigan
bob and deb of course

sst.cyr said...

Congratualtions! Mom told me the good news! I can't wait to meet him!! I'm coming up with a really good nickname...let's see...nah, I'll wait a little longer! Rest up...it's gonna be a long (and rewarding) ride! Love ya!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks guys. Yes, I definitely will need the rest. It feels so good to be home and to be able to rest in my own bed. I can't wait to introduce him to everyone. Wait until you see the hair!

Anonymous said...

Noah a great name but after seeing the baby hold his own bottle and all that hair samson ring a bell.this guy is something else, before leaving the hospital friday night John had place him in his little bed and i said see you later pal he looked at me to say i'm going to see more of you.gramp. :)