Thursday, August 14, 2008

Still Waiting!

I have just arrived home from the doctor's office and nothing much has changed since the last visit on Tuesday. Baby Hickok is still hanging out taking his time to make his appearance.

Today our little Hickok had to take his first test. It is called the bio physical profile. He was a little stubborn during the test. He did not want to move his limbs which is part of the test. After going to the bathroom and twisting and turning he finally threw a punch. Then we had to move on to the breathing exercises. I guess he didn't feel like practicing that. Overall he did pretty good with the test minus the breathing exercises.

When I saw the doctor she reminded me that I could possibly have a big baby. I say possibly because the ultrasound machine tends to be off usually by a pound. So currently the ultrasound machine is calculating that Baby Hickok is weighing in at 9 lbs and 4 oz. So he could really be 8 lbs or 10 lbs. I have always been a sucker for chubby thighs and cheeks.

What is next for the Hickok family? On Monday I have to go back to the doctor's office and Baby Hickok will have to have a stress test. Then on Tuesday I will be admitted to Bellevue Hospital to be induced. I am still hoping he decides to come out on his own. I guess we will have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Michael's Loving Family said...

Love te new background!!! Don't forget your computer on Tuesday! haha Just kidding! God Speed! We'll be praying for you! And, John!! :-)

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

The blog looks great! I hope that baby Hickok heard the news about getting evicted and decides to leave peacefully on his own over the weekend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! Good luck!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks girls I really appreciate it. I am hoping he decides to come out on his own too. I am making a big turkey dinner tomorrow to see if that works. Kandi, John keeps on asking if they have wireless access at the hospital. He won't know what to do with himself without it. I'll keep you posted.