Saturday, August 23, 2008

Move Over Brangelina Twins!

I can finally write that Baby Hickok has arrived and it feels so good! Baby Hickok's name is Noah Johnathan Hickok and he arrived on Tuesday, August 19th at 7:45pm. After a long day at the hospital the doctor made the decision to do a c-section. Noah did not want to come out. So at 7:00 pm they wheeled me into the operating room and prepped me for the big arrival. I must say I was really scared but I couldn't have asked for better doctors. They were amazing and put my fears to rest. John was able to hold my hand through the whole process and assure me that everything was going to be fine. The anesthesiologist was great. He was like the commentator through the entire surgery. He let me know what the doctors were doing at all times. My mind was at ease when I heard Noah let out a scream for the first time. When they held him in front of my face it was the most amazing experience. Wow, what a miracle!

The doctors couldn't get over his size and John and I were pretty amazed too. Noah weighed in at 10lbs and 2 oz. He is kinda short like us measuring in at 19 1/2 inches long. The doctors and nurses are really surprised by the amount of hair he was born with. It is jet black and looks as though he already could use a haircut.

So far so good with his eating. That doesn't surprise me though because I fed him pretty good when he was in the womb. He eats every four hours and sleeps in between. I am hoping we continue with this pattern.

Toby and Finn are doing good. Finn was thrilled when we brought him home. I think he was more excited to see the baby than he was to see me.

I will be posting some pictures soon. Thank you for all of your prayers. This has been some week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, We are so glad for all 3 of you, God has bless you so much, after looking at our new grandson i must say i got a little puff up he has alot of hair like his mom did when she came into our life in 76 well nice going you guy's we will continue to pray as time goes on, Love Mom and Dad.

Anonymous said...

Hey Johnny, Michelle & Noah its the crew all the way from MAINE! Happy to hear the new little bundle of joy is here but far from little he is. Wow 10lbs!! We wish we were there to see you guys and be with the boy but we just cant school is almost here and we're just preparing. We miss you guys!! Carolyn's excited for her new "adopted parent's baby boy" to finally be here haha. We will be thinking of you guys and we're happy to hear he is finally here! Hope to see you and talk to you soon. Give the boy hugs and kisses from us all!

Aunt Carol, Sabrina, Carolyn & Andrew

John and Michelle said...

Oh, thanks for the well wishes. We are so happy to be home with our little guy. I will be posting pictures soon. We wish you guys could see him too. Wait until you see all of the hair. We will keep you updated.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, John and WELCOME to Noah, what a beautiful name. Can't wait to see his photos. That is a good size baby, maybe he will sleep thru the night for you. LOL
Love,
The Piluso Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, how exciting that you have your little miracle home with you! Sounds like things are going well so far! I have a dinner in the fridge for you, if you don't need it for Monday night, then I can put it in the freezer. I can bring it tomorrow morning or later this week (like Wed or Thursday). Let me know, either way works for me. Can't wait to get my hands on the little guy! Saw a pic your mom-in-law sent and I could see the hair pouring out of his hat! Write to me on Face book and let me know, Sarah Fischer

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear everything is going well! That's awesome that he is going 4 hours between feedings- usually it is more like 2-3. He's probably hoping for some ice cream.
Take care and enjoy your time with your family!

Dawn

The Plateniks said...

We are friends of Mairead's and Maghan's and clicked on your blog from theirs. Congrats on your very big baby boy! I love the humor on your blog and would love to see pictures of all that hair everyone types about. Congrats!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks everyone! I am getting the itch to post some pictures. I will have John download to our computer and then post them on the blog. We or should I say proud papa John has been taking lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shell, Johnny and NOAH,

We are so happy for you. He is beautiful. LOVE the hair. Can't wait to see you. Justin can't wait to hold his cousin and neither can his aunt. MUCH LOVE!!!!

KATE