Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up!

It was one busy weekend in the Hickok household. Here is what we have been up to.

-Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. We were with both sets of grandparents and enjoyed a yummy meal together. Noah was a little cranky. Not sure if he was upset that we didn't somehow try to put the turkey and trimmings in his bottle.

-Friday was a day of top to bottom cleaning. Noah didn't get the memo. He had other plans which included me holding him for most of the afternoon. He also didn't get why I wanted him to take a nap. I finally enlisted the help of my mother begging her to come over and sit with Noah as I packed our bags (I didn't really need to beg).

-That's right I needed to pack our bags on Friday for an overnighter! On Saturday we were off to Rochester for the annual family Christmas party. It was great to see all my aunts, uncles, cousins and of course grandma and grandpa Bob. After that we (Johnny, me, Noah, my brother, sister-in-law and two nephews) spent the night in a hotel room. We had fun lounging in the hot tub and eating pizza until midnight. Noah was a real sport too because he managed to party with us until midnight. We are training him young.

-Traveled home on Sunday. Noah was great in the car. We didn't have to stop once. Love when we can get home without making a pit stop.

Did I mention I made a huge batch of corn chowder-yum, lemon squares (that no one ate), brownies (which mostly got eaten) and turkey pot pie which my husband loved (we still have leftovers, any takers)?

So it is back to work tomorrow. It was a good week. I will post some pictures soon.

No comments: