Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Week Down, How Many More to Go??

A lot of people have asked how Noah's first week at the daycare went and how my first week has been with my 21 fourth graders. I decided to break it down for those of you that may be wondering.

* Noah had a great first week. I drop him off and he is all smiles when I hand him over. When I pick him up he is usually sleeping. He doesn't sleep great there but at least he sleeps. He usually takes cat naps which I am okay with.

* He has a stuffy nose but I can't blame that on the daycare. He was coming down with something last week.

* When I get him home in the evening he usually has lots of stories to tell me like...
-All the chicks dig him. They are always commenting on how cute he looks.
-Everybody wants to hold him.
-They love his hair.
-They sing okay but not as good as his mother.
-They smile a lot.
-The day can get kinda loud because some of the other babies don't want to cooperate. I haven't figured out if he is stretching the truth on these things.

Overall, I think he is adjusting. Me on the other hand, well I am adjusting too but here are a few things that I am missing.

-Noah! I can't wait to see him at the end of the day.
-Lounging around in my sweat pants. I don't think my principal would go for it if I showed up at school with sweats on, a tank top and UGG boots.
-Reruns of 90210 and One Tree Hill.
-Staying in bed until 7:30 am.
-Playing with Finn and Toby.
-Shopping. Noah and I could hit three malls a day, easily.
-My mom. She enjoyed coming over for a visit or two.
-Lunch dates! Cafeteria food is alright but their burgers don't come close to Five Guys.

So we are looking forward to our future breaks together like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Martin Luther King Day, winter break, snow delays, spring break. I think you get the picture.

2 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Going back to work is definitely an adjustment- thankfully, teachers have lots of holidays to look forward to!

John and Michelle said...

Yes we do!