Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Right Around the Corner!

I should be sleeping right now but I found myself folding Noah's laundry and catching up on old reruns of TV shows that I used to love. I like folding Noah's laundry because it's the perfect size and I can get it folded so quickly. Tonight's load was special because I finally found the perfect daycare blanket for Noah.

Yes, that's right I went out and bought him special sheets and a blanket for his crib at the daycare. You would think this would be a simple task but let me explain that I have been purchasing sheets and blankets for the past two weeks. Crazy, I know but I really want Noah to be comfortable while he is hanging out with the other daycare groupies. Today I went to two stores and returned the blankets and sheets I didn't want in exchange for the one that I think will be perfect. It is a striped green and white blanket with a cute little lamb on it. I think Noah will be okay with it. The sheets are of course white (nothing like crisp white sheets) and really soft and comfy.

As I packed up a few of his things for daycare it hit me that in a few days we will be going our separate ways. I say that with much drama and sappiness. I am really going to miss my little guy. We have really bonded these past three months and I have loved spending my days with him. I love our little routines and being able to care for him.

My biggest fear about Monday is that I am going to be a complete mess at the daycare. You know the whole crying because I don't want to leave him thing. Of course the rational side of me knows that everything will be fine. Noah is being well taken care of and my day is only as long as I make it. I could go over on lunch and as soon as the kids leave to go home. But it will be a change and as my husband has reminded me often, I do not do well with change. I guess we will have to wait and see. I will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Of course it's hard to be away from your baby! None of us like to do it, but he will love being with other kids and you will be fine. The good thing about being a teacher is that the day goes by so fast that you don't have too much time to be sad. Also, teachers get extra time off, so we are the luckiest when it comes to being with our kids. It will be hard at first, but it will be ok. in the beginning, Dave always dropped Mairead off so I didn't have to be too sad- but when you pick them up at the end of the day- they are SO happy to see you! Good luck with the whole process!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks I really needed to hear that!

Michael's Loving Family said...

His "little lamb" blanket is the perfect choice. Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

You will do just fine tomorrow, remember be strong! The day will fly by and before you know it you'll be picking him back up!:) You chose a good time to go back to work too, one full week and then two days before Thanksgiving...not bad!
Good luck, I'll be thinking about you!-Rose

John and Michelle said...

Thanks Kandi, I think he loves his blanket.

Rose thanks for reminding me that we have a short week next week. That always helps.