Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stretched to the Limit!

I am not sure why I watch Runway Moms on the Discovery Channel. It is pure torture, however when I am flicking through the channels I find myself drawn to this program. I guess my infatuation started when I was pregnant with Noah. I have a love hate relationship with this program. What I hate about Runway Moms is that I cannot find one single stretch mark on any of these beauties out of all the episodes that I have watched. I stare at the screen intensely looking for one purple mark but I haven't had any luck yet finding one. Now finding one on me is pretty easy. I feel like you could spot them a mile away even with layers of clothing on.

Yes, that's right I have been stretched to my limits and have the beautiful purple marks to prove it. At least they come in purple rather than lime green or school bus yellow. I joke about this now, but when I spot them in the mirror tomorrow I will cringe because I know that no matter how much belly butter I lather over my stomach it still will not erase my stretch marks. I have come to the realization that no matter what I rub regardless if it is cheap or expensive won't erase them. These stretch marks are mine to keep but on the flip side so is Noah.

3 comments:

Michael's Loving Family said...

on the one hand stretch marks really stink on the other they're almost like a badge of honor. Wear em with pride!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks Kandi! Are you saying that because you don't have any? :)

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I'm with you, Michelle. Mine have faded to a lovely silvery color now, but I still hate them! I guess I should be prepared for many more, huh?