Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Big Day for Noah J!

Noah had a big day today. He had a doctor's appointment. At today's visit we learned that Noah weighs 12.8 lbs and is 24 inches long. He is growing like a weed. I had to chuckle to myself when the nurse asked how many hours Noah sleeps during the day. She said, "Does he do like two, four hour naps during the day?" I glanced at John, smiled and responded with, "He sleeps like 18 hours a day." I was beginning to wonder if that is what babies do. The doctor reassured me that it was perfectly normal that Noah sleeps 18 hours a day. Personally I love to sleep so maybe he is going to follow in my footsteps in that department.

Noah was a good boy during his visit despite the fact that they had to give him a shot. It broke my heart when he let out a scream, but John stepped in and calmed him down. Overall it went very well. I am told there will be many visits and shots to follow. Poor Noah.

4 comments:

Michael's Loving Family said...

What a big boy!!! Glad to hear everything went well and I can't believe he sleeps that much! Does that mean you're well rested too. :-)

John and Michelle said...

Well rested? I wouldn't go that far. I need to learn to take more naps during the day. :)

sst.cyr said...

So glad to hear that Noah is doing well! The shots get easier with every new one that he will have.

John and Michelle said...

That's good to hear!