Friday, September 26, 2008

Cut the Cord!

Tonight was a big night in the Hickok home. I say that with a little sadness and a few tears. I said a few tears. It is not like I am crying a river here. Tonight I made the decision to put Noah in his big boy bed. Actually he is in his crib but it seems like a bed. Currently I have the baby monitor strapped to my ear so I can hear the slighest sound coming from the nursery.

I don't know what made me decide to put him in his room tonight. Maybe I just feel that he can handle it. He has been practicing by taking naps in there. He loves his big boy bed or I have just convinced myself that he does. To help him with the transition I turned on his turtle night light. I think he will appreciate that.

Of course I turned on his mobile, but personally I don't think it plays long enough. He cried a little after it went off but he is doing pretty good now. I am keeping everything crossed that all goes well for him. Before bed I had a conversation with him about sleeping in on Saturdays. Hopefully he will be a good listener. I will keep you posted on the big boy bed transition. I can't believe I am cutting the cord already.

2 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! He is so cute-- I can't believe how big he is or how much hair he has! It looks like you are all doing great-- hope you are having a blast!

John and Michelle said...

We are having a good time with him. We hope all is well with you guys.