Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's Valentine's Day and normally on a Monday morning you would find me in school celebrating this day with my fourth graders, but today I am home recovering from the stomach bug and playing nurse to Eli. My valentine is at work and I can't wait until he returns so that we can enjoy a lovely evening with our two boys, two dogs and our pan of meatloaf. Thanks mom M. for starting the meatloaf tradition.

It's hard to believe that John and I will be married for 9 years this June. It may seem cliche to say this, but it does seem like yesterday that we were "formally" introduced. I say formally because I have known about The Cakes for quite some time. I grew up next to his cousin and thought John was the cutest thing ever, however; he didn't know a thing about me. When we were introduced I was in another relationship that wasn't right for me and meeting John was like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I feel lucky that I get to call him my husband and blessed that he is the father of our two boys. It hasn't always been easy, but I am grateful that God brought us together. John has helped me accomplish so much in the 13 years that we have been together. He is honest, hard working, strong and caring. But best of all he knows everything about me; my faults, my shortcomings, and he chooses to love me anyways. I am looking forward to spending many more Valentine days together. Happy Valentine's Day Johnny! I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine to you both, I love your picture of you 2.

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Very sweet, Michelle! Happy Valentines Day to you all-- feel better soon!

Michael's Loving Family said...

Happy Valentines Day! That meatloaf tradition has been adopted by lots of our family members. One day I may try it. We don't eat meatloaf, but we like it. I need to learn how to make it. Hope you all enjoyed a nice night together!