Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas!

This past week raced right by us here at the Hickok home. Seriously, when I left room 48 on Tuesday I had much left to do on my Christmas list and wondered if it was possible to complete.

I love Christmas. I love the anticipation of Christmas morning and I love giving gifts and get excited about reactions. This year was really exciting for obvious reasons. Even though Noah doesn't know what's going on it was still beyond great to have him with us. What a gift he is.

So in honor of Christmas I will give you the low down of our busy days, Christmas Eve included.

I love Christmas Eve. Yes, I usually wait until the last minute so Christmas Eve is crazy but it's my tradition to stay up extremely late on Christmas Eve to finish up what seems to be an endless list of things that need to be completed by Christmas morning. And somebody has to be up to tell Santa where to place the gifts under the tree and to also make sure he brought the right stuff.

On Christmas Eve we went to an awesome service at Temple Baptist. The music and message were great. And Noah looked so cute in his Christmas Eve outfit. He thought the music was fantastic!

After the service we enjoyed a very delicious meal at John's mom's house. After stuffing ourselves we headed home to do the annual Christmas Eve pajama swap. That's where John and I buy each other pj's that we wear on Christmas Eve. This year I asked for something that I could wear in the living room. We don't have curtains in the living room and I don't want to scare anybody off with the whole me in skimpy pj's post baby body. I think you can understand that. I was a little nervous when I saw the Vicky Secret's box but was pleasantly surprised to open up and find nice lounge pants with a cute shirt. Unfortunately the pants were not my size. Oh well the thought was nice.

On Christmas morning Noah was thrilled that Santa brought him new clothes. Noah is growing out of his 3 to 6 month clothing. I was thrilled that I received a Wii. I love my new toy. I was also shocked to find a new watch under the tree. Wow, is all I have to say about that. John liked all of his gifts too. One gift won't be in until a little later.

In no time at all my parents, grandfather, brother, sister-in-law and nephews showed up. We enjoyed a yummy breakfast compliments of John and many wonderful gifts. Then it was off to John's parent's house for another yummy dinner and more wonderful gifts. Noah is so blessed to have very generous people in his life.

Looking back it is kinda easy to get lost in all of the busyness of what the holidays bring. Every year I feel like I lose focus on the real meaning of Christmas(time to start some new traditions). But I am truly thankful for the birth of Jesus Christ. After all He is the reason for a very Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

lisa said...

sounds like the Hickok family would have been happy if only Noah were under their tree. You are truly blessed - remember 2 or 3 are as easy as one!!!

May the New Year bring blessings and joys to the three of you and your families.
love lisa

John and Michelle said...

Thanks for the kind words Lisa. And yes, he is the best gift of all. Two or three?? I don't know. :)

Michael's Loving Family said...

I love the idea of pj swapping! I'm glad that you enjoyed your Christmas "Family Style." We did as well and Nathan just loved opening his gifts! See you Saturday at the big celebration!