Monday, December 22, 2008

True Story

This morning I selected a warm comfy outfit for the annual fourth grade ice skating field trip. I love this field trip because it is quick and easy and the kids get really exicited about going. However I am shocked to learn that every year there are a handful of kids that have never skated before. Hello people we live in the northeast; there is not much else to do in the winter. Noah will know how to skate before fourth grade or at least he will have been skating before fourth grade.

So back to what I was saying about the warm comfy outfit; John did a double take when he realized I was wearing jeans. Here's how the conversation went...

John: "Jeans, on a Monday?"

Shell: "Yes, we are going skating today." (very matter of fact)

Pause for a moment...

John "Figure skaters wear skirts."

Leave it to my conservative husband to say something about my wardrobe.

3 comments:

lisa said...

yea michelle - someone who knows that kids need to learn how to skate - a
lisalife lesson as well as fun! And I am so glad to hear you are keeping the tradition of skating for the holiday and for the Dutch studies!! Something of mine lives on!
did Noah go too?
Merry Christmas!

John and Michelle said...

Noah didn't go but the thought of taking him did cross my mind. We miss you but we are pretty sure you are enjoying retirement!

Anonymous said...

I know where there is a nice pond for Noah to learn to ice skate on, first time out he will have to be alone with just his teacher to teach, that is where i learn to play ice hockey, before we started to have team's oh about 45 years ago. Good luck.