Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two Broken Noses

John and I have two dogs that we love to pieces. Well I love them to pieces. John realizes that they are dogs. He is very good to them, but I treat them like they are our children. For example, we have had a really hot summer and so I decided it would be a good idea if we bought Toby and Finn their very own pool. John and I have a pool so why shouldn't the dogs. At first John rolled his eyes at me which is something he does often because I tend to have some wacky ideas but he soon softened to the idea, made the trip to Toys R Us, and bought a pool. Finn loves the pool and couldn't be happier splashing in it on these hot summer days. Toby likes the pool but doesn't flop down in it like her little chocolate brother.

The only problem with the pool is that Finn wants to be in it all of the time and I only want him in it when I say so. It is a lot of work to dry off an 88 lb dog. To keep Finn from sneaking in the pool John leans the pool up against the house. Sometimes the pool slides back to the ground and collects rain puddles during these wonderful summer storms. This morning I caught my precious little pooch splashing away in the rain water that was in the pool. He didn't have our permission either so that made matters worse. I soon heard John out in the backyard scolding Finn for getting in the pool, but Finn didn't care. He strolled back to the deck without a care in the world wagging his tail.

Why am I sharing this and what does it have to do with Baby Hickok? Everything! Finn and Toby are like children to me. I realize they are dogs but I can't help myself from talking to them in strange weird voices, and I always refer to myself as their mommy.

Finn requires a lot of attention and I think that when the baby comes his nose will be broken. I don't anticipate that he will be mean, but I am thinking it will take some time for him to adjust to me using my baby voice for someone other than him. I am predicting that Toby will just stare at the baby and turn her head the other way as if to say, "This baby is not that big of a deal." Either way I am sure Finn and Toby will find their place and roles in our home or at least I hope they do.

2 comments:

Michael's Loving Family said...

lol! I found these on the web for your doggy mommy entertainment:

Dear God, When we get to heaven can we sit on your couch? Or is it the same old story?

Dear God, If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?

Dear God, When we get to the Pearly Gates, do we have to shake hands to get in?

Dear God, Are there dogs on other planets or are we alone? I have been howling at the moon and stars for a long time, but all I ever hear back is the Schnauzer across the street.

Dear God, Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

John and Michelle said...

Too cute Kandi! Thanks.