Sunday, July 13, 2008

5 more weeks to go!!

Hello to everyone from the Hickok family. John started a blog for Baby Hickok awhile ago but he has been so busy that I decided I would continue with it. So much has happened since the last time he posted. As you can see from the title I only have 5 more weeks to go. That is a scary and exciting thought. I can't believe I will be a mom soon. I am looking forward to meeting our new addition.

As soon as I get a handle on this blog I will post some pictures. We have had some very exciting times in our household. In June I was blessed with having 2 showers. My first shower was given by my moms-my mom and my mother-in-law; it was at the Inn at Saratoga. We had a great time. The second was given to me by my friend Amy and it was at my house. Both showers were so much fun. Stay tuned for pictures.

John and I also took advantage of having the 3D/4D ultrasound. Wow, that was amazing! It was so neat to see the baby. Most of the time he was comfortable with his hands in his face therefore, we had 3 opportunties to see him using the 3D/4D ultrasound. The first time the pictures were the best. I will post some for you to view.

I am now going to the doctors every week. I am hoping that our little guy will not decide to delay his arrival. He is due on August 15th. I don't want to rush the summer but my belly is getting a little cramped. If you have seen me lately you know what I mean. People are quick to remind me how big I am. My comment is, "What do you expect? I am growing a baby!"

Although the summer has been hot I am not complaining. I love the summer months and wish they would hang around a lot longer. We have central air and a pool so that has kept the baby and I cool. I hope he likes the water as much as I do.

Well I will close for now. I plan on putting up some pictures so please feel free to visit. I'll let you know my progress week to week.

3 comments:

sst.cyr said...

This is so cool John and Michelle. What an awesome way to keep in touch with you. I can't wait to see your new little guy when he arrives! We are so happy for you both.
Love,
Susan

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I love the new blog! It is such a great way to keep everyone involved. We are definitely looking forward to news about baby Hickok-- we can't wait to meet him!

Michael's Loving Family said...

Hi there!!! I am so excited you started this before your son arrived! We can't wait to meet him and are looking forward to being able to experience his life right along side of you. I love these blogs for that reason. I enjoy reading about how and what Mairead is up to and will love reading about baby Hickok too! Now, don't forget to update us!!