Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful

This week I was met with the worst sinus infection. It was terrible, and I felt like such a baby. I really wanted to stay in bed all day (correction - all week) and sleep, but that doesn't happen very often when you are mom to these two adorable guys.



J Cakes was out of town which made matters worse. Gone are the days of laying on the couch being waited on by mom and dad. However some really awesome people came to the rescue, and I am beyond thankful for their kind gestures. So rather than complain about how awful I feel I am so thankful that God sent these angels to take care of me while my husband was away.

The first angel arrived some time this morning and left chicken soup on my front steps. Thanks Mom M. for the soup. It was perfect at lunch today.

The next angel arrived at 3:45 p.m. this afternoon with a Frosty in hand. Thank you Amanda. I couldn't suck that thing down fast enough. Am I a selfish mom for not sharing it with Noah? What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

At 5:30 p.m an angel bringing pulled pork, fresh rolls and salad arrived. It was so yummy! Thank you so much Suki. I am really sorry that we weren't able to come for dinner tonight, but I really appreciate that you cared enough to feed to me anyways. However, I was feeling a little slighted that my favorite 6th grader didn't join you.

More angels arrived at 6:30 p.m. to help bathe the boys and play with them. Thanks Franklin and Mom M. I really appreciate the help and enjoyed the company.

I would be remiss it I didn't mention the text messages and phone calls from friends checking in to make sure that I was okay. You know who you are. Thank you.

Most importantly, thank you Jesus for the grace that you have shown me this week. It was a tough one, but the antibiotics have kicked in, and I am starting to feel well again. Now it's my turn to earn my wings.

3 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

It's so hard to be sick and be a mom-- I'm glad you had some help! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

cheer up, better days are coming.

Michael's Loving Family said...

Hope you're feeling better now. That picture of the boys is so cute!

It can be so hard when we're dog tired, not feeling well or just need a break from cooking dinner or brushing teeth. It's great that you had help, but I'm not surprised by the thoughtfulness of those little angels!