Tuesday, April 28, 2009

True/False

Let me start off by introducing myself, I am Michelle Hickok. Yes, I know I have been away for awhile and have not been a faithful blogger. But I can explain. I have tons of excuses. Now usually, I get frustrated with excuses because as a fourth grade teacher, I hear them often. But really, life in the Hickok house has been really busy. Rather than give you the list of Hickok Happenings I decided to spice things up, sorta like extra credit for being such a lazy blogger. Being the teacher I am I decided to create a true/false test for you. Let's see how many you get correct.

1. Noah had a four day fever. It wasn't pretty. The doctor had to catheterize the young lad and he wasn't in favor of it. I can't say that I blame him.

2. John has been busy working. But in his spare time, he writes me love poems and cooks fabulous meals.

3. We purchased another dog. It is the most adorable black lab we have ever laid eyes on. So cute!

4. Noah has been practicing crawling. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth.

5. Noah calls us by name now. He loves saying Ma-Ma and Da-Da.

6. My class is counting down the days until our baby chicks hatch. And when they do we are having a party, complete with peeps and Cadbury eggs.

7. Noah is going to make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. When I pick him up from the daycare, it takes him 1 minute and 30 seconds to fall asleep during the car ride home.

8. John is working on completing plans for a pool deck. Hallelujah!

9. Noah tasted his first french fry. We visited McDonald's to support my school. Noah liked the french fry but not as much as he enjoyed putting his fingers all over my principal's glasses. Thank goodness he likes kids.

10. Richard Simmons came to my school to exercise with my class for our BEST assembly. Love that man!

That concludes the Hickok Happenings True/False Test. So how did you do?

Test Answers

1. True. Noah really did have a fever. We are not quite sure what it was but they did have to catheterize him and it was horrible. I never want him to experience that again.

2. Sorta True. John has been really busy with work but I have yet to see a love poem. I am not giving up hope yet though.

3. So False. Never!! We have two dogs, one guinea pig, and one fish. We have enough pets for now.

4. True. Noah is getting ready to take off.

5. True. Noah says Ma-Ma and Da-Da but I am not so sure he knows this blonde is the real deal yet.

6. True, well half true. My class did get baby chick eggs and we are anxiously waiting for our little babes to hatch, but I am not so sure we are having a party. But I haven't exactly ruled out the idea either.

7. Sorta True. Noah does fall asleep very quickly upon me picking him up from daycare, but Guinness hasn't contacted us - yet!

8. So True. Noah, the dogs, and I can't wait!

9. So True. Now relax all you health nuts. It's not like we're buying stock in McDonald's, not yet anyways. He was fussy and the french fry was there and he loved it. Besides when he was hibernating in the womb he ate lots of things. He wasn't 10.2 because I sat around eating rice cakes and carrots. And yes, he did put a lot of finger prints on my principal's glasses. Those glasses were greasy for days from all that french fry oil.

10. False. We have been doing Richard Simmons in my classroom. The kids love it, well, most of them. We invited Richard to come join us to exercise in front of the entire school. He couldn't make it, but we still love him.

As the school year winds down I promise to be more faithful blogging. You know how busy life gets. I will try to post pictures soon.

4 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Wow, you guys HAVE been busy! Thanks for updating us on your hectic life-- not too long until school is out1

lisa said...

cute test...teachers never die they create things like you did!!! get your running shoes on>when Noah starts to walk ...you're off chasing. A pool deck huh? and if John gives you cards for things that's better than nothing...the poems will come later! :)

Michael's Loving Family said...

welcome back. I know it's hard to blog when we spend all that time on facebook! :-)

I hope Noah is feeling better ~ that must have been awful to go through for both of you.

Julia said...

Mr.Hickok,
Thank you very mch for donating your time to come and help us. I loved that you let us use the drill. The brooding house came out GREAT!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Julia