Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter from the Hickoks!

I can't believe we will be celebrating our first Easter with Noah tomorrow. Time sure does fly by quickly. Picking out a special Easter outfit gave me great pleasure and I can't wait to put it on him tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for us. We will be going to church quite early and then getting ready for our dinner guests. I hope that as a family we will be able to set all of that aside and really reflect on the meaning of Easter. I have a habit of getting into that, "everything has to be perfect for the guests" mode when we have company.

Easter brings back a lot great memories for me. As a child some of my favorite memories of Easter were getting dressed up in a pretty pink dress that my grandmother bought complete with a purse and hat. My brother and I would stand outside and get our picture taken. I love Easter for many reasons. Easter brings the hope of warm weather.

As you are gathering with your families tomorrow, John, Noah and I pray that you will receive many blessings. Happy Easter from the Hickoks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shell, We still have the pictures that you mention in your note, they bring back the wonder year's that went so fast.Noah looks so cute in his outfit

lisa said...

Super picture..just wait until his girlfriend comes over and you pull out the cute baby pictures!! he'll love you then!!! :)
Happy Easter to the Hickoks. still wish things had turned out differently with the noah watching, but that's life I guess..my loss. miss all the talk at school - great short visit last week - thanks!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks Lisa. We wish it worked out too. Noah would have loved spending the day with you. He is such a good baby. You need to stop by school more often. We miss you there.

Julia said...

Hi Mrs.Hickok,
How was your vacation? I got a couple of sunburns but it was great!!! Did the Easter Bunny treat little Noah good? Say hi to everyone for me!!!

nICK said...

Hey Mrs.Hickok its Nick. I just noticed how big and perky Noahs smile was well see you tommorow.I can"t wait till the chicks hatch.Well BYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!