Sunday, April 1, 2012

Now or Never

It's been awhile since I have visited our blog let alone write an entry. Shame on me for being so neglectful. Honestly I wasn't sure people even read it anymore, but a few (maybe not even a few; maybe two people) have wondered why I have stopped blogging. I haven't stopped, I have just been "too busy" to blog. Terrible excuse I know, but it seems that I find myself tired after I put the boys to bed, run the vacuum and fold a few shirts. So blogging got pushed aside not that I haven't had a few things to write about.

I am here now and excited to share what the Hickoks have been up to. I guess I will start where I left off, in 2011. If I had to sum up the year 2011, I would sum it up in one word, RUNNING! John and I started running last March and have really found it to be one of our favorite things... besides the boys and each other and the dogs that is. I talked about our running obsession a few entries before but just in case you forgot here I am.


That's me in the purple shirt racing to the finish line. I thought I was going to die! Seriously, running has proved to be the most challenging thing for me, but I love it! I don't know if I ever physically push myself as hard as I do when I run. Yes, I do know and I don't push myself unless I am running. Sometimes I am a baby and go really, really slow.


You remember John competed in his first half marathon last June. He is so much faster than me. Sometimes I get jealous.

I can't say that running only applies to our new favorite exercise; it also sums up what our lives are like from September through June. There are periodic breaks in there where we get to breathe for a minute or two, but for the most part we are running...and in circles most of the time.

No comments: