Saturday, August 13, 2011

3 years old...already?!

It's hard to believe that on August 19th we will be celebrating Noah's 3rd birthday. Time does pass quickly and I didn't realize this until I had children. Noah has accomplished so much this past year. He has learned lots of new words and songs. He can count higher, but don't ask him what color his shirt is. You never know what kind of answer you are going to get. He has developed quite the personality often leaving me to think, "Where in the world did this child come from?!" And then I recall all of the torture that I put my parents through and it's very clear to me where he came from. Noah has taught me a lot about patience. There are times when I feel like I have reached my wit's end, but he flashes me a grin or tells me he loves me and I can't help but smile.

Noah loves to start every meal by praying. We aren't sure exactly what he is saying, but God knows. And I am sure he is pleased when He hears that little voice.

Noah's big accomplishment this past year was potty training. I was beyond thrilled when he mastered this. He did it so quickly too. It's amazing how much he has accomplished in 3 short years.

Noah's name means peaceful. I am not so sure that adjective describes Noah. I would go with happy, strong willed, kind, loving, loud, passionate and precocious. And I wouldn't want him any other way. Happy Birthday Noah Johnathan! We are blessed to have you in our lives.





3 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Happy birthday to your handsome boy! It goes by so quickly, doesn' it??? Enjoy!

Michael's Loving Family said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!!! You've been blessed to us all! We love you! xxoo

Kristina Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.