Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Day After...

Back in December I mentioned that there was a contest at my school. My principal had a "decorate your window" contest with all of the teachers. Whoever had the best window display would win a wreath. The theme was, "capturing the holiday season." And I might have mentioned how competitive I am, just a little though. Anyways, I spent hours, days, weeks; thinking, designing, spending and just about every other "ing" word trying to decide what the classroom's window display would be. Well the thought finally came to me during the wee hours of the morning as I was reading Martha Stewart's magazine. The idea was simple yet I think it said it all.

I like to call it, The Day After...



Notice my Christmas list... the last line.


The last line on my Christmas list says, Christmas wreath from Principal Pace...

My class was pumped! We were sure that we would win. It doesn't get any better than a silver trash can with Christmas leftovers. However, shockingly we didn't even place. Nope, not first or second! Our principal did recognize our efforts by declaring us, "The Most Unique Use of Theme". Don't get all excited for us; everyone got recognized. So you ask, who won? Hmm... we were beat by Frosty the Snowman and the Grinch. The Grinch always steals Christmas.



When I gave Noah the news about the window this was his reaction...



Oh well, I guess there is always next year.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It was a sad day when we lost! After all of that hard work. Say hi to Noah, Johnny and the dogs for me!!

See ya,
Julia Haig

John and Michelle said...

It was a sad day but there is always next year. Deep down I think Mr. Pace knows that we really had a cool window.

Anonymous said...

Hi I hope Noah stops crying soon! He is normally a very happy baby. I will see you at school soon!

From, Katie Fliegel P.S. - Bow wow to Toby and Finn. Keep asking for treats when ever you come back in from the very cold, snowy, icy outdoors!

From, Godiva and Katie

Michael's Loving Family said...

that was a fantastic idea! You got robbed by the Grinch!

John and Michelle said...

Hey Katie, Noah is a really good boy and doesn't cry all that much. :)

Kandi, I couldn't agree more, the Grinch totally robbed us. :)

Anonymous said...

Noah gave you a cute reaction.He probley felt bad for us.Tell Noah and the dogs i said hi.



Cassidy

John and Michelle said...

Thanks Cassidy! I will let Noah and the dogs know that you said hi.

Anonymous said...

I agree, that was a great theme, it was so original! The Grinch is so NOT original!!

John and Michelle said...

Thanks Ry! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, i feel for you that you didn't win, but if you really got all of those things for xmas, then I have no sympathy! ;-)
- Alli

Anonymous said...

Hi I hope Noah can get over the loss. Well you know you get what you deserve but I thought we were gonna win the whole thing but not even being a runner up well that steaks.Well there is always next year. from Nick Savallo

John and Michelle said...

Too funny Alli!! I think it's so funny that you could see the list.

Nick, Noah is doing fine with the loss. He knows we will win it next year. :)

Anonymous said...

,hi Mrs. Hickok,
Happy Valentines Day. What are you Johnny and Noah doing over break.I`m just relaxing and hanging with my friends(Julia).Hope u have a hunka burnin love valentines day.<3

from,
the both of us

Anonymous said...

hi Mrs.Hickok,
Im having a great vacation ur buetiful

John and Michelle said...

Hello ladies! John and I are going skiing and Noah will be doing lots of lunch dates with me this week. Of course I will also be practicing my cheerleading. Have a wonderful break!