Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vacation

Vacation was wonderful! We set out in the middle of the night with a packed SUV (which I loved and could totally get used to) and traveled to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We encountered some pretty scary weather, but let's just say that watching The Wizard of Oz helped us through a sticky situation. After spending 21 hours, yes you read that correctly it took us 21 long hours, we arrived at an awesome resort to start our week long vacay. It was totally worth it.

Very cute SUV


2:17 A.M.!!!


Did I mention that these two gems were priceless in the car? PRICELESS!!! They were champs and weathered the long car ride without one little fuss. And there was no duct tape involved. I knew those trips to the mall would pay off someday.





Our vacation consisted of waking up at 7:30 every day, exercising for John on most days, me on one day, (hey one day is better than no days), hitting the beach by noon and then back to the room for naps by 3:00. We usually set out for dinner by 6:30 and partied with these guys until 9:00 p.m. It was an awesome vacation (did I already say that?) and one we will never forget.









Looking forward to visiting Myrtle Beach again in the future. John and I both agree that it would be really fun to have another family join us the next time. Any takers?

1 comment:

Michael's Loving Family said...

We're in! Just give us a little lead time. I love the pictures and it looks like you had a great time. I'm considering buying another SUV myself, but with the price of gas I just don't know if I can bite that bullet. We drive so much and it would be nice to have the extra room when we head to camp every week.

BTW, we've decided on a timeframe for Sesame Place. I'll send you an email.