Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It Ain't Easy...

It ain't easy... being a mom. There are days (like today) when I am cleaning the house and taking care of laundry wondering if I am ever going to get ahead. I have this week off and last week I couldn't wait for this week to come. Each day I added a chore to the mental list that I created weeks ago. Work on the basement, organize our closet, catch up on the laundry were some of the tasks that I wanted to check off my list. However, things aren't going as planned. I don't know why that surprises me though. With two kids, a husband and two dogs there really isn't much time left in the day to get everything checked off my list or even two things checked off my list. By the time everyone is fed and the house is somewhat put back together there doesn't seem to be much time for the extra stuff. And that drives me crazy.

So I have come to the conclusion that motherhood is quite possibly the hardest thing I will ever do. I love my boys and wouldn't want it any other way. But there are times when I wish I could clean an empty house, fold laundry in a quiet room and vacuum without running into our dog.

It ain't easy...

1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Oh, you are so right, Michelle! My mental 'to do' list is miles long, too, and I can barely scratch the surface! I think that at the end of the day, if the laundry is not done and the floors are not clean, but our kids are happy and safe, we can say we have done our job. Right? You are doing great!