Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dare I say it?

Dare I say it? I am afraid that if I say it then it won't happen again. Our newest addition has been giving his parents one of the greatest gifts that a newborn could give. He has been sleeping through the night. There I said it! Now let's hope that this continues.

Eli did his first "all nighter" (sleeping through the night) when he was 4 weeks week old. I was in my glory when I woke the next morning at 6:00 to find my sleeping beauty snoring away in his bassinet. If you're a parent you find yourself wishing, hoping and praying that your newborn will sleep through the night. And for all you moms that have never felt that way well, God bless you because you must be super mom. I happen to love to sleep. I treasure afternoon naps and get ridiculously excited when I get eight or more hours a sleep at night. Obviously I have had to put that on the back burner for awhile. It feels like it has been a long time since I have had a date with my pillow. But there is hope and I know I have hope that my eight hour nights will return.

Now that Eli is 6 weeks old I think it's time that he start learning about habits and I think that sleeping is one that he will enjoy. I have had many conversations with him about how wonderful sleeping is. I told him that although eating is great; sleeping through the night is way better. I think he is starting to see that.

So as I sit hear writing this Eli is sleeping soundly in his little baby recliner. We have one more feeding to go and then it's off to the bassinet for bedtime stories and sweet dreams. Let's just hope that Mr. Eli decides that sleeping is as wonderful as his mother says it is.

3 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Wow, that is pretty impressive! At 4-6 wks, mine were still eating at doctor ordered 4 hour intervals... I am so jealous! But, I am mostly happy that you are getting some rest!

Michael's Loving Family said...

Way to go Eli!!! Sleep is awesome!

Anonymous said...

they are soo cute now i have two adoption brothers.LOL


your adoption daughter

Carolyn