Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Cat is Out of the Bag!

Well if you haven't heard the latest Hickok news then you must be living under a rock or you just haven't signed up on facebook yet. John and I are having a baby! We are so excited to be sharing this news with everyone. I am 13 weeks and due April 24th. The other day we got our first peek at our new addition. This baby reminds me so much of Noah; bouncing around in its new home and covering its face the entire time. We don't know the sex of our little one yet but will definitely be finding out as soon as we can. Some people have been asking me how I am feeling these days so I decided to give you a run down. I am feeling:

- tired!! If you have ever been pregnant you know how exhausting it is to be growing a little one inside of you. I am usually sound asleep by 9:00 p.m. But I love to sleep.

- sometimes nauseous. This baby is behaving a little bit better. I am able to eat more and I don't toss my food as much (except for last night, went to the movies and came home only to give the toilet all of the popcorn I ate. It wasn't pretty.).

- bloated. I feel like I am totally showing already.

- nervous. I am not quite sure how this whole "taking care of two kids so close in age" is going to work out. But I figure that women have been doing it for centuries so I can probably handle it too. Besides I have 24 students and I take care of them all day. And I think my doctor mentioned something about a return policy with the baby.

-excited. Is this baby going to be a boy or a little girl? Will this baby be huge? Will he/she have tons of hair?

-shocked. I felt like it took me forever to get pregnant with Noah. Not the case for baby number 2!!

-hungry. I feel a lot more hungry with this baby. I am craving mostly the same foods too. So does that mean we are having a boy?

John and I are enjoying this process and are really excited to meet our new family member. We will keep you posted on all of the latest news. Some have asked how Noah is doing. Of course he is too young to understand what all of this means for him, but I did get this reaction when I told him that there was going to be a new little Hickok in the house.

5 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I had heard a while ago, but I thought I had to keep it a secret-- SO excited for you guys! How exciting for Noah to be a big brother!!! And, I really think 19 months apart is a wonderful age difference (just don't have the third kid one minute later and you are all set). Mairead was 19mos when the boys were born, and it threw her off for a bit, but I think she was just young enough to not really know that she was supposed to be jealous. Now, I am sure she doesn't remember them NOT being here! We are SO SO happy for you guys- how exciting to be a family of four very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I love his reaction, Timing was just right for that one. I bet it's a girl, We will have to wait until april.

Michael's Loving Family said...

We are so excited for you both! I love the return policy thought ~ just made me crack up! You'll do just fine with two little ones but I'd be nervous too!! Hope your feeling a little better soon. Keep us posted ~ can't wait to see a picture of him.

Michael's Loving Family said...

or her.... :-)

John and Michelle said...

Thanks everyone! :)